Wednesday 22 July 2020

Castlefield Hotel Manchester

Back in 2012 I visited the Castlefield Hotel in Manchester and came across these beautiful panels in the chapel / quiet room. The set of panels had a really unique style and so much energy in the design. I love the way that different techniques are used; cast glass roundels, painted and acid etched detail. At the hotel nobody knew who made them and for the last 8 years I have had them on my website asking if anyone knew. Finally I found out as I joined the recent webinar given by Martin Donlin for The Worshipful Company of Glaziers. There I saw early works in the same distinctive style and contacted Martin to see if I was right! Turns out I was and Martin had not seen the panels since he installed them (his first public commission) and was delighted to see them again...















and I was equally delighted to get some of Martins books in the post as my reward!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment